Sunday, March 9, 2014

Results or Excuses...

Finally this knee of mine is starting to get back together.  I had started back on track 3 weeks ago and was doing VERY well... dropped 7lbs in one week and then made the bad decision to play basketball.  That one decision killed all my progress because I quickly sprained my knee 2 minutes into the game.  At some point in life some things have to be let go and this is the point where I bid basketball a fond farewell!!

I sat for 2 weeks limping and gimping around with this knee.... eating horribly.  The sad thing is that I have so much knowledge about the proper ways to eat, but I ended up doing the emotional eating thing (doesn't help that my wife loves feeding me "teddy bear" foods).  I was really down on myself because the weight just continued to pile on.  It has gotten me back to the original point of disgust I was at when I first started Herbalife last year this time.  Sadly enough, after all the progress I'd made over the year, I got right back to the place I started from. 

Right now I feel differently about losing than I did before though... before it was all about hitting a goal weight, but now, I just want to commit myself to the process... day in and day out.  Regardless of what the scale says.. keep putting in the work.  I no longer have the desire to go in the gym and go crazy.. just consistent.  Having this busted up knee really forced me to rethink my mindset...  It really is a battle of the mind and if you can conquer the mind, the body will follow!!


I hit the gym this morning with the help of one of my accountability partners, Robin, and I can say that without her I probably would have made another excuse to put it off until tomorrow.  That's why this post is titled Results or Excuses.... pick one because you surely can't have both!!  I CHOOSE RESULTS!!

No comments:

Post a Comment