Tuesday, January 7, 2014

Day 2

This morning I was able to get up a "little" earlier, but I still couldn't make the 6am workout.  Unfortunately, my rest last night was broken up by my brother calling me about the thriller of a game the last BCS Championship turned out to be.  Funny thing.. I'd dosed off because I thought Auburn had it in the bag, so I guess it's good he called so I could witness how it all unfolded!

I did eventually get down to the gym.  I was surprised to see that it was packed in that tiny little space and all of the cardio machines were taken.  I did some running in place and stretches to warm myself up, then I did a arms and shoulders workout.  I did take my trusty jump rope down with me and I was still STRUGGLING with it.  I cut my ambitious 15 min goal down to 10 mins and I used my Tabata timer to split that up into 10 1 min intervals with 20 secs of rest in between.  I did MOST of it, but I was pretty winded by the time I hit min 6.  Another lesson learned was that it isn't wise to do jump rope AFTER doing an arm and shoulder workout.  I was dripping with sweat after that time had passed and my heart rate was sky high during each interval of jump rope, so I skipped out on the extra cardio.  I proceeded back to my room to reluctantly knock out my 8 min Abs (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8e59i4S9psw).  I REALLY wasn't in the mood, but I was glad that I pulled together the strength to get it done.  I think I'm going to start doing abs first to get them out of the way!  Given that the gym doesn't have any type of Lat pull down machine, I'm going to just do abs, push ups and jump rope tmw morning.  Next time I come up here, I'm bringing resistance bands so I can get in some type of back workout!!

Food accountability time:

Protein:     260.1g
Carbs:       148.9
Fats:          57.7

Total Calories: 2362.9

No comments:

Post a Comment